Important May 1st Deadline for Advanced Training
* * Deadline extended to June 1st!
The Advanced Package Technical Training is required for all Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified professionals who wish to submit combustion appliance safety test results to Pacific Gas and Electric's Energy Upgrade California program. The course focuses on supplementary combustion appliance safety protocols that augment those specified by BPI. It also provides training on proper duct testing techniques, which are not covered by BPI certified professional training, and program installation specifications. This course is a one-day course and is free of charge.
All BPI certified professionals who are performing combustion safety testing as part of the PG&E Whole House Rebate Program are required to attend an Advanced Package Technical Training by May 1, 2012. Starting May 1st, all contractors will be responsible for the updated policies.
*Only BPI professionals who will submit combustion appliance safety test results to PG&E’s Energy Upgrade California program are eligible to take this course.
**FULL ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED AND VERIFIED FOR THIS TRAINING.
Eligibility Requirements(Build It Green will verify this):
- Must be a BPI professional
- Must be working for a company that is a current Energy Upgrade California Participating Contractor OR work for a company that has attended a PG&E-hosted Participation Workshop and is in the process of becoming a Participating Contractor
How does it affect job submissions?
Starting May 1st, ALL jobs must be submitted using PG&E’s new combustion safety testing protocols. If the BPI specialist listed on the job did not attend this training, jobs may be returned for revisions because certain testing protocols were not met.
Please note: These requirements apply to both Basic and Advanced Package Contractors.
Bring to training:
- Writing instruments, highlighter.
- A refillable water bottle or drink container, to limit disposable water bottle use.
- Business cards in order to network with other attendees.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early so that we can begin the course promptly.
To learn more and register for upcoming Advanced Package Technical Trainings, visit the calendar page.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 590-3360 ext. 606.